December 2, 2010
There seem to be many traditions and examples of praising God in the morning and in the evening. Several songs even come to mind:
"Praise Him in the morning, Praise Him in the evening, Praise him when I'm young and when I'm old."
"From the rising of the sun, til the sun goes down, let the name of the Lord be praised!"
I was recently introduced to the book by Charles Spurgeon called Morning and Evening
, and I absolutely love it! Each day has a morning and evening devotion. When I read first thing in the morning, it immediately awakens my mind to the depth of my relationship with Jesus. In the evening, it sets my mind once again on my Father above, not on my earthly circumstances. Charles Spurgeon has a way of blowing your mind wide open with only one sentence!
What does Spurgeon have to say about praise?
"It is not an option for us whether or not we will praise God. Praise is God's most righteous due, and every Christian, as the recipient of His grace, is bound to praise God from day to day. With every morning's dawn, lift up your notes of thanksgiving, and let every setting sun be followed with your song. Belt the earth with your praises; surround it with an atmosphere of melody, and God Himself will hearken from heaven and accept your music."
Can I get an Amen??
Can I get an Amen??
My personal website: Heart and Soul Reflections
Follow me on Twitter: @MySoulReflects
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Search Seeds of Faith
Seeds Team Members
- STEPHANIE - MomKaboodle
- PENNY - Living Above Ministries
- AMY - Wife Hat, Mom Hat
- CHERIE - Heart & Soul Reflections
- CHERYL - See Foxes?
- CLAUDIA - For the Love of 4
- ELISABETH - Lean Green Mommy Machine
- HALLEE - Hallee the Homemaker
- JENILEE - The Goodwin Family
- JOY - My Home in the Smokies
- KRISTIN - The Schell Cafe
- SARA - Confessions of the Pastor's Wife
- SARAH - Water, Water, Everywhere
- TARA - Live Your Legacy Today
- TRACEY - Little Bitty Design Studio
Faithful Followers
Site Categories
2010
Advertise
Alicia
Amy
Cheryl
Claudia
Contact Us
Daily Life
Devotionals
Devotions
Elisabeth
Faith
Faith Filled Friday
Featured Friend
Guest Post
Hallee
Image Bearing Marriage
Joy
M.A.D. Mommies
Maggie
Meghan
Missions
Mommy Mission
Moms Like Me
Motherhood
My Father's Canvas
Our Team
Penny
Photography
Ponder This
Practical Parenting
Promises
Sami
Seeds Digest
Seeds News
Stephanie
Sue
Sunshine Sunday
Tara
Word of God
Worship
Writing Worth Reading
giveaways
iFellowship
thankful


0 comments:
Post a Comment