May 29, 2010
Moms Like Me
While we may not be able to sit down at Starbucks with this week's mother, I think we can all learn some amazing things from her!
Hannah was married to a man named Elkanah, who had another wife named Peninnah. Talk about a complicated marriage! The other challenging aspect of her life was her barrenness. During the Bible times, this was considered a sign of reproach in a woman's life. Volumes have been written about Hannah's faith and prayers, but I want to focus on two main lessons that I think ALL women can glean from this amazing mother!
1. Hannah had a NEED.
At the beginning of her story in 1 Samuel we see that her heart was broken over the fact that she couldn't bear any children for her husband. She was mocked by Peninnah, and was probably scorned in her community.
We all have needs and desires as well. I won't pretend to know the pain in your life, but I do know that you have had the exact same feelings as Hannah. We have all felt hopeless and alone. We have all had desires that never seem to come to pass!
2. Hannah found the ANSWER.
We read later in the chapter that Hannah accompanied her husband to Shiloh to worship. She sought an isolated place in order to speak to the One who could do something about her problem. She poured out her heart to the Almighty God who created her, and who knew the deepest desires of her heart!
We have the answer too! How many times do we first talk to our best friend, husband, or family member about our hurts, needs, and desires before we even think of approaching the One who can actually do something about it? He is waiting for us to pour out our heart to Him. He wants to heal and provide in amazing ways!
These are very simple principles that are extremely difficult to live out on a daily basis! If we do choose to hand over our struggles to the Lord, He is ready and waiting to work in and through us!
*Note: Don't forget to praise the Lord for His working in your life. Hannah spoke thankfulness and praise to Him after he provided the son she had been longing for:
Then Hannah prayed and said:
"My heart rejoices in the LORD;
in the LORD my horn is lifted high.
My mouth boasts over my enemies,
for I delight in your deliverance......
Take some time to read the rest of her prayer and get to know Hannah a little better this weekend by reading 1 Samuel 1 and 2.......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Search Seeds of Faith
Seeds Team Members
- STEPHANIE - MomKaboodle
- PENNY - Living Above Ministries
- AMY - Wife Hat, Mom Hat
- CHERIE - Heart & Soul Reflections
- CHERYL - See Foxes?
- CLAUDIA - For the Love of 4
- ELISABETH - Lean Green Mommy Machine
- HALLEE - Hallee the Homemaker
- JENILEE - The Goodwin Family
- JOY - My Home in the Smokies
- KRISTIN - The Schell Cafe
- SARA - Confessions of the Pastor's Wife
- SARAH - Water, Water, Everywhere
- TARA - Live Your Legacy Today
- TRACEY - Little Bitty Design Studio
Faithful Followers
Site Categories
2010
Advertise
Alicia
Amy
Cheryl
Claudia
Contact Us
Daily Life
Devotionals
Devotions
Elisabeth
Faith
Faith Filled Friday
Featured Friend
Guest Post
Hallee
Image Bearing Marriage
Joy
M.A.D. Mommies
Maggie
Meghan
Missions
Mommy Mission
Moms Like Me
Motherhood
My Father's Canvas
Our Team
Penny
Photography
Ponder This
Practical Parenting
Promises
Sami
Seeds Digest
Seeds News
Stephanie
Sue
Sunshine Sunday
Tara
Word of God
Worship
Writing Worth Reading
giveaways
iFellowship
thankful


3 comments:
As always...great, inspiring story...Thanks for sharing!!! :-D
I just want to thank you and The Lord. This post is exactly what I needed!
I have been dealing with my own issues dealing with having more children(which I have been told would not be safe) by my doctors. We have considered foster/adopt, but anyway, I thank you again. This is the little reminder I needed today!
Praise be to God!
I'm so glad it was a help to you!! God is good!!
Post a Comment