June 4, 2010

Faith Filled Friday: When your feeling Empty...







My spot with Seeds of Faith is "Faith Filled Friday".  As I sit down to write today's post I am emotionally drained, physically exhausted and just.plain.tired.  Usually when I write I aim at inspiring you in your Faith in God, but today I just feel the need to be real.

Being a mommy can drain you.
Being a wife can drain you.
Being a homeschool teacher can drain you.
Being a homemaker can drain you.
Being an employee or a boss can drain you.
Serving in your church can drain you.
Being a follower of Christ can drain you.
Being a good sister, daughter, friend can all leave you feeling EMPTY.


Today my unread emails are in the hundreds.  I have piles of mail waiting for me to go through.  There are baskets of laundry to be folded, summer camp forms that should have been in two weeks ago and a family that needs me ALL DAY LONG.  We were actually completely out of toilet paper this morning!  Needless to say I am not feeling "Faith Filled", but very EMPTY.

On my own I cannot begin to see my way out, but  I do know
I ABSOLUTELY MUST START WITH GOD.  


"But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, 
and all of these things will be given to you as well." ~ Matthew 6:33

One of my favorite passages of scripture to go to when I am feeling EMPTY is Isaiah 58:11.

"The Lord will guide you always; 
He will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and strengthen your frame.  
You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail."

Would you share a favorite scripture of your's with me today, that "fills you up", when you're feeling empty?





Visit me at my personal blog: A Bokros Kind of Life
Find me on Twitter@abokroslife


8 comments:

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Oh wow! I feel bad for you to be feeling so drained up!

I'm sorry I don't have any quotes to share with you but whenever I feel drained up like you, I told myself, this day will pass so make the most of it and be thankful I'm alive, healthy and have a wonderful family by my side! :)

Take care!

Joy said...

I have had a few days like you. I just keep repeating,

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

Unknown said...

So true, Maggie. We MUST start with God. Getting our lives balanced and strengthened through an almighty God, everything else finds it's proper place. Praying for you, friend!

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

You actually used one of my favorite verses! Isaiah 58 is my life chapter! I do know that when things get overwhelming and stressful God is the only one that can refill our cups. Thanks for being honest in your post!!

Michelle said...

Wish I could say I do this daily but all to often I don't. Thanks for the encouragement.

Theresa said...

"Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:6-7

Andrea said...

One of my favorites is Exodus 14:14

"The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still."

Praying for your strength!

Penny said...

Hi Maggie,
I know I'm WAY late on finding this - but I have to say I love your honesty & willingness to be vulnerable with us all. You said what we all feel. So often as a Pastor's wife I want to say those things but feel that I must be cautious. So thanks so much for showing us your real-ness!

I'm going to go and check out your personal blog!

your sis in the faith,
Pen

Search Seeds of Faith

Our Featured Friend

Praying For Penny

Photobucket

Faithful Followers

Seeds Banners

Photobucket
iFellowship

iFellowship is a way for Women to link up their sites and connect with other Christians each week. If you're looking for some fun fellowship time, grab the iFellowship button above and join us back here every Wednesday morning!!!

"Like" Seeds of Faith

Facebook - Twitter - RSS - Email Us

facebook Twitter RSS email

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Please Visit Our Wonderful Sponsors:

Spend Less and Save More
Photobucket Photobucket The Tuckers Take Tennessee
Photobucket

Seeds Site Administrators

Living Above Ministries MomKaboodle

Seeds of Faith Founded By:

the tuckers take tennessee The Homeschool Chick

Site design by Tracey

Photobucket

Prayer Requests


Bible Verse of the Day

Seeds Calendar