June 21, 2010
Mommy Missions: Becoming a Mom on a Mission
W
elcome back to our series, "Investigating the Clues"! Up to this point we have investigated the ways that being a missionary called to a foreign land is very much like being a Christian mom! If you have missed the previous clues, check them out here: Intro, Clue #1, Clue #2, and Clue #3. Don't worry - we will wait for you.......OK! Everyone ready? Let's look now at how we can become Mom on a Mission! Maybe you are a little rattled by the notion that we are called to be missionaries to our children. Trust me, I get that. But the good news is that God provides Agent Mom training as we go out and do Mommy Missions every day!
Say what?
Yes, we can receive Agent Mom training every day through getting in the Word, spending time in prayer and tapping into the grace we are given through Jesus Christ everyday!
“4Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. 5I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.”
Apart from abiding in Christ, we can do nothing – not get out of bed, not have patience with our whiny toddler, not selfless enough to provide for the needs of our family, not speak words of kindness to our husbands, etc. You get the picture (or I could continue since I have countless personal examples!).
By abiding in Him, He provides the grace we need to do what He desires us to do every single day! What is grace? If you do not fully know what this is, you will jump up and down when you do and I’d love to help you discover just what is so glorious about it!
“Grace” means a generous benefit freely given by God through His power to transform a person's life. I love this Scripture that explains what grace is so plainly:
13 For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him.
Philippians 2:13 NLT
God does the work in us causing us to have the desire to do what pleases Him! It is grace that helps us be the moms He wants us to be to our children. So when I say, “You don’t have to wing it by yourself!”, you now know why! Praise God for His grace! And when we abide in Him, His grace will flow into our lives, not to make everything rosy but to help us to handle every circumstance, every decision, every bump and every bruise along the way.
In what ways have you recognized God's grace helping you be a Mommy on a Mission?
Website: http://www.taramcclenahan.com
Twitter: @taramcclenahan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Search Seeds of Faith
Seeds Team Members
- STEPHANIE - MomKaboodle
- PENNY - Living Above Ministries
- AMY - Wife Hat, Mom Hat
- CHERIE - Heart & Soul Reflections
- CHERYL - See Foxes?
- CLAUDIA - For the Love of 4
- ELISABETH - Lean Green Mommy Machine
- HALLEE - Hallee the Homemaker
- JENILEE - The Goodwin Family
- JOY - My Home in the Smokies
- KRISTIN - The Schell Cafe
- SARA - Confessions of the Pastor's Wife
- SARAH - Water, Water, Everywhere
- TARA - Live Your Legacy Today
- TRACEY - Little Bitty Design Studio
Faithful Followers
Site Categories
2010
Advertise
Alicia
Amy
Cheryl
Claudia
Contact Us
Daily Life
Devotionals
Devotions
Elisabeth
Faith
Faith Filled Friday
Featured Friend
Guest Post
Hallee
Image Bearing Marriage
Joy
M.A.D. Mommies
Maggie
Meghan
Missions
Mommy Mission
Moms Like Me
Motherhood
My Father's Canvas
Our Team
Penny
Photography
Ponder This
Practical Parenting
Promises
Sami
Seeds Digest
Seeds News
Stephanie
Sue
Sunshine Sunday
Tara
Word of God
Worship
Writing Worth Reading
giveaways
iFellowship
thankful

3 comments:
Thanks Tara - I love that verse! NOTHING! How much more plain can you get than that??
Be blessed powerful mom !!
Stef
WOW this is a fabulous blog! I am so glad I found you! I am stopping by from MOnday Madness. I am now following you via fb, twitter and google! I look forward to reading more. I'd love for you to follow me too. Check out the great giveaways while you are there!
http://livingonloveandcents.blogspot.com/
@loveandcents on Twitter
Living on Love and Cents on Facebook
Thank God for His grace! It is amazing if you are in the word it is hard to have a bad day, but when you are not in the word it is easy to have a bad day. Spending that alone time and seeking God can make all the difference in the world.
Blessings!
Post a Comment