June 7, 2010

Mommy Missions: Interruptions




I came across this quote in a book I recently purchased that I can already tell is going to turn my world, as I know it, completely upside down. How do I know this? Well, just read the quote that is at the very front of the book "Keep A Quiet Heart" by Elisabeth Elliot. Take your time and read it (and re-read it) slowly. Not because I think you are dim-witted but because it was written over a century ago and the language reflects it. But the message within is worth the effort - worth it for us as moms and as children of God.

"I think I find most help in trying to look on all the interruptions and hindrances to work that one has planned out for oneself as discipline, trials sent by God to help one against getting selfish over one's work. Then one can feel that perhaps one's work--one's work for God--consists in doing some trifling haphazard thing that has been thrown into one's day. It is not a waste of time, as one is tempted to think, it is the most important part of the work of the day--the part one can best offer to God. After such a hindrance, do not rush after the planned work; trust that the time to finish it will be given sometime, and keep a quiet heart about it."
--Annie Keary 1825-1879

Please share with us how this has spoken to you!

(We will continue with the Investigating the Clues series next week!)


Website: http://www.taramcclenahan.com
Twitter: @taramcclenahan

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Thanks for sharing this, I will have to check this book out. It is so important to quiet all the distractions and stay focused on what really matters.

Susan said...

Tara, I love this. This little nugget will find a place to rest and grow in my world. Thank you!

Maggie said...

I loved this Tara! Thank you. Question....do you think she means God puts those interruptions there? I have thought that many times in my day.

Search Seeds of Faith

Our Featured Friend

Praying For Penny

Photobucket

Faithful Followers

Seeds Banners

Photobucket
iFellowship

iFellowship is a way for Women to link up their sites and connect with other Christians each week. If you're looking for some fun fellowship time, grab the iFellowship button above and join us back here every Wednesday morning!!!

"Like" Seeds of Faith

Facebook - Twitter - RSS - Email Us

facebook Twitter RSS email

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Please Visit Our Wonderful Sponsors:

Spend Less and Save More
Photobucket Photobucket The Tuckers Take Tennessee
Photobucket

Seeds Site Administrators

Living Above Ministries MomKaboodle

Seeds of Faith Founded By:

the tuckers take tennessee The Homeschool Chick

Site design by Tracey

Photobucket

Prayer Requests


Bible Verse of the Day

Seeds Calendar