June 5, 2010
Moms Like Me
This week's mom is Michelle Debenport. She lives in Keller, Texas, and is a mom to two busy boys. One is 71/2 and the other is 3. I think you will be blessed with her great insights this week!!

*What are your favorite activities with your children?
Road trips and field trips....we like to GO!!
*What are YOUR personal hobbies?
Talking, blogging, and thrifting
*What have you found to be the most rewarding aspect of mothering?
Watching my children develop a close relationship with God and each other
*What have you found to be the most challenging aspect of mothering?
LAUNDRY!! and disciplining/training a strong-willed child
*What advice would you like to share with other moms?
Give yourself grace...instead of trying to BE the perfect mother, introduce your children to the Perfect Father!
*How do you find time to cultivate your own personal relationship with the Lord?
I pray for wisdom often, pray "breathe prayers" many times during the day, try to listen to God's voice and obey His leading (though I don't always), and I read some amount of scripture daily (but not in a designated quiet time). I used to be much more scheduled and disciplined in this area.....before a husband and children!
*Is there anything else about yourself that you would like to share?
I can feel a stirring deep within to "drop it all" and GO in the name of the Lord (find more here)....My husband and I are praying for God's guidance and direction.
Thank you so much, Michelle!! I really appreciated your advice to "introduce our children to the perfect Father". What a thought provoking statement!!
I hope you'll take some time to get to know Michelle better at her blog, SomeGirls Website. It's a place of friendship, encouragement and "fraddling". I know you'll love her!

My personal blog: A Steady Rain
Find me on Twitter: @a_steady_rain
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Search Seeds of Faith
Seeds Team Members
- STEPHANIE - MomKaboodle
- PENNY - Living Above Ministries
- AMY - Wife Hat, Mom Hat
- CHERIE - Heart & Soul Reflections
- CHERYL - See Foxes?
- CLAUDIA - For the Love of 4
- ELISABETH - Lean Green Mommy Machine
- HALLEE - Hallee the Homemaker
- JENILEE - The Goodwin Family
- JOY - My Home in the Smokies
- KRISTIN - The Schell Cafe
- SARA - Confessions of the Pastor's Wife
- SARAH - Water, Water, Everywhere
- TARA - Live Your Legacy Today
- TRACEY - Little Bitty Design Studio
Faithful Followers
Site Categories
2010
Advertise
Alicia
Amy
Cheryl
Claudia
Contact Us
Daily Life
Devotionals
Devotions
Elisabeth
Faith
Faith Filled Friday
Featured Friend
Guest Post
Hallee
Image Bearing Marriage
Joy
M.A.D. Mommies
Maggie
Meghan
Missions
Mommy Mission
Moms Like Me
Motherhood
My Father's Canvas
Our Team
Penny
Photography
Ponder This
Practical Parenting
Promises
Sami
Seeds Digest
Seeds News
Stephanie
Sue
Sunshine Sunday
Tara
Word of God
Worship
Writing Worth Reading
giveaways
iFellowship
thankful
3 comments:
I love that you don't show your kids perfection...but you show them the perfect Father! Thanks for that reminder!
Michelle is one of my newest and favorite blog friends! I love her heart!
Bless you Some Girl!
Stacey
How fun! I had forgotten today was my day until I read Stacey's tweet! Then I rushed to tidy up the place! ;)
Thanks for your sweet words, Rachel and Stacey! ♥ Michelle
I have trouble with laundry and a strong willed child too...sigh. =)
Post a Comment