June 17, 2010
Thankful Thursday: Reunited in Heaven
Today is the one year anniversary of the passing of my mom. A year later I still cry when I think of her, I still wish she would have had the chance to meet her grandchild (my second son who was born a week after her passing), and I still wish she was here to talk to.
While I mourn her death and the fact that she is not here with me anymore, I rejoice in the fact that I will see her again one day. I am thankful for that comforting thought.
The Bible says in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 (NIV translation):
"Brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those who fall asleep, or to grieve like the rest of men, who have no hope. We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. According to the Lord's own word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left till the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage each other with these words."
What wonderful words to hear for those of us who have lost a loved one. We will see them again in Heaven and will spend eternity with them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Search Seeds of Faith
Seeds Team Members
- STEPHANIE - MomKaboodle
- PENNY - Living Above Ministries
- AMY - Wife Hat, Mom Hat
- CHERIE - Heart & Soul Reflections
- CHERYL - See Foxes?
- CLAUDIA - For the Love of 4
- ELISABETH - Lean Green Mommy Machine
- HALLEE - Hallee the Homemaker
- JENILEE - The Goodwin Family
- JOY - My Home in the Smokies
- KRISTIN - The Schell Cafe
- SARA - Confessions of the Pastor's Wife
- SARAH - Water, Water, Everywhere
- TARA - Live Your Legacy Today
- TRACEY - Little Bitty Design Studio
Faithful Followers
Site Categories
2010
Advertise
Alicia
Amy
Cheryl
Claudia
Contact Us
Daily Life
Devotionals
Devotions
Elisabeth
Faith
Faith Filled Friday
Featured Friend
Guest Post
Hallee
Image Bearing Marriage
Joy
M.A.D. Mommies
Maggie
Meghan
Missions
Mommy Mission
Moms Like Me
Motherhood
My Father's Canvas
Our Team
Penny
Photography
Ponder This
Practical Parenting
Promises
Sami
Seeds Digest
Seeds News
Stephanie
Sue
Sunshine Sunday
Tara
Word of God
Worship
Writing Worth Reading
giveaways
iFellowship
thankful
3 comments:
My dad passed away 3 years ago, June 22nd. Seems like it was just yesterday. I still cry when I think about him, We were so close and I miss him like crazy. However, I think of one day I will see him. For now though, he isn't in pain and isn't sick. I should be happy for him. Well, I am happy for him. However, I still miss him..
(hug) to you Alicia. You're an awesome girl.
Thanks Alicia for this post. My mum passed away the 6th of June 2006 and I do miss her so much too. The passage you quote brings me hope, peace and comfort.
Blessings x
Post a Comment