July 2, 2010
Faith Filled Friday: Letting Go
It was six years ago this month that my mom was finishing up her radiation treatment at MD Anderson Cancer Center. It took everything within her to go to the treatments. She believed that God would heal her and He did…….just not in the way that we prayed. Nine years prior to her cancer diagnosis my mom had adopted a sibling group from Russia – three little boys and a little girl. They were removed from their birth parents due to severe neglect and alcohol abuse. They had been living in an orphanage for almost two years.
When my mom died in January of 2005 my husband and I took in Roma, Sasha, Nina and Danis as our own along side our four little girls. We have poured our lives into these kids for the last five years, fulfilling a Devine Plan that began with a Word spoken to my mom’s heart.
Outsiders ooohed and ahhhed over this “great thing” we did, but it wasn’t like that for us. We always knew it was just a stepping stone to a life fully committed to serving Christ through serving others. It has been about obedience and faithfulness for us - OUR unquestioning obedience and HIS constant faithfulness.
The season of our lives that has been dedicated to raising Roma, Sasha, Nina and Danis is quickly coming to an end. Danis, the youngest, will be a Senior this year and graduating High School next Spring. Up until recently we have had no idea what that “new life” would look like, but over the past few weeks He has started to pull the curtain back ever so slightly. There is a mix of emotions in this change of seasons for us, but mostly excitement.
As with all seasons there is a coming and going, an end and a new beginning, a holding on and a letting go….
"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."
~Lamentations 3:22
What season are you in with The Lord today? How has He shown His faithfulness to you during it? I would love to know!
To follow my family into this new season visit my personal blog A Bokros Kind of Life
or follow me on Twitter @Abokroslife
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Search Seeds of Faith
Seeds Team Members
- STEPHANIE - MomKaboodle
- PENNY - Living Above Ministries
- AMY - Wife Hat, Mom Hat
- CHERIE - Heart & Soul Reflections
- CHERYL - See Foxes?
- CLAUDIA - For the Love of 4
- ELISABETH - Lean Green Mommy Machine
- HALLEE - Hallee the Homemaker
- JENILEE - The Goodwin Family
- JOY - My Home in the Smokies
- KRISTIN - The Schell Cafe
- SARA - Confessions of the Pastor's Wife
- SARAH - Water, Water, Everywhere
- TARA - Live Your Legacy Today
- TRACEY - Little Bitty Design Studio
Faithful Followers
Site Categories
2010
Advertise
Alicia
Amy
Cheryl
Claudia
Contact Us
Daily Life
Devotionals
Devotions
Elisabeth
Faith
Faith Filled Friday
Featured Friend
Guest Post
Hallee
Image Bearing Marriage
Joy
M.A.D. Mommies
Maggie
Meghan
Missions
Mommy Mission
Moms Like Me
Motherhood
My Father's Canvas
Our Team
Penny
Photography
Ponder This
Practical Parenting
Promises
Sami
Seeds Digest
Seeds News
Stephanie
Sue
Sunshine Sunday
Tara
Word of God
Worship
Writing Worth Reading
giveaways
iFellowship
thankful

5 comments:
I'm inspired by your words. I think I'm in a season of "taking on" right now. I feel richly blessed with my comfortable life with two young boys and I feel a tugging at my heart to take on more, to serve the Lord somehow. Possibly by fostering or adopting. I'm also somewhat in a season of waiting...waiting and praying for the Lord to put the same burden on my husband's heart so that we can go forward together.
I can't even imagine raising 8 children! I barely have the strength to raise 1. My lil' Goose turned 3 in March. God certainly equipped you for the task you took on:) I am in multiple seasons right now. Obviously, I'm in the toddler/pre-k stage with my Goose girl. I am in a season of suffering with chronic health issues. I am in a season of HOPE that God will enable me to overcome them. And lastly, I'd having to say I am in the season of Waiting to see what His plans are for me! Reading back through, I see that I have covered a years worth of seasons...LOL
Have a wonderful July 4th weekend!!!
Each time I see your pictures with your children I am so overwhelmed with your heart for not only those babies, but for God. I am sure bitersweet is the feeling you have right now and joy as well. Congratulations to the new graduate and much love to you all for all you have done in obedience to Jesus.
I am not sure which season I am in right now.. tons of them it feels like
Love you so much sweetheart. I'm honored and blessed to be a part of your life. I'm so excited to see where God is going to take your family in the next year. Keep your eyes wide open, and your heart set on things above!
Oh thinking about seasons in our life... bittersweet but I know what you mean. We too have adopted, although not the way that you did but through foster care. We've heard "Oh you are so (great, wonderful, pick your adjective) for doing that for those boys" but that's not how we felt at the time either. We did it because we wanted them, God blessed us with them, and we loved children. And the blessings we have received FROM them far exceed what we've done FOR them, I think. And new seasons happen... I look forward to each new season!
Post a Comment