July 12, 2010
God Has A Wonderful Plan For You!
Lately my soon-to-be 5-year-old has been asking me a lot of questions about Heaven and about death. I don't know how much of it is natural development for a 4 or 5 year old, and how much of it can be attributed to losing a Papa and 2 great-aunts within a year's time.
We try to explain to him that Heaven is a beautiful, wonderful place where we can be with Jesus, and there's no pain, no sickness, no fear.
Despite these (repeated) conversations, my son said to me last night that he's afraid to go to heaven. And are people afraid to be "so high up"?
I told him that no, they are not scared. That God is with us here, and He is with us in Heaven, watching over us and protecting us. We never have to be scared or worried because He knows the future.
Then, my favorite scripture came out of my mouth. In Jeremiah 29:11, the Lord tells us:
" For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
I was able to tell my dear, sweet little one that the Lord knows what will happen tomorrow, and the next day. He even knows what my son will be when he grows up!
Isn't it an amazing feeling to know that God has a special, wonderful plan for YOU and your loved ones? No matter what you may be going through right now, no matter what you may be facing, remember that the Lord can turn any bad situation and use it for good.
Your sister in Christ,

Find me online: The Helping Mommy or MomKaboodle
Chat with me on Twitter: @SDakin105
We try to explain to him that Heaven is a beautiful, wonderful place where we can be with Jesus, and there's no pain, no sickness, no fear.
Despite these (repeated) conversations, my son said to me last night that he's afraid to go to heaven. And are people afraid to be "so high up"?
I told him that no, they are not scared. That God is with us here, and He is with us in Heaven, watching over us and protecting us. We never have to be scared or worried because He knows the future.
Then, my favorite scripture came out of my mouth. In Jeremiah 29:11, the Lord tells us:
" For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
I was able to tell my dear, sweet little one that the Lord knows what will happen tomorrow, and the next day. He even knows what my son will be when he grows up!
Isn't it an amazing feeling to know that God has a special, wonderful plan for YOU and your loved ones? No matter what you may be going through right now, no matter what you may be facing, remember that the Lord can turn any bad situation and use it for good.
Your sister in Christ,

Find me online: The Helping Mommy or MomKaboodle
Chat with me on Twitter: @SDakin105
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Search Seeds of Faith
Seeds Team Members
- STEPHANIE - MomKaboodle
- PENNY - Living Above Ministries
- AMY - Wife Hat, Mom Hat
- CHERIE - Heart & Soul Reflections
- CHERYL - See Foxes?
- CLAUDIA - For the Love of 4
- ELISABETH - Lean Green Mommy Machine
- HALLEE - Hallee the Homemaker
- JENILEE - The Goodwin Family
- JOY - My Home in the Smokies
- KRISTIN - The Schell Cafe
- SARA - Confessions of the Pastor's Wife
- SARAH - Water, Water, Everywhere
- TARA - Live Your Legacy Today
- TRACEY - Little Bitty Design Studio
Faithful Followers
Site Categories
2010
Advertise
Alicia
Amy
Cheryl
Claudia
Contact Us
Daily Life
Devotionals
Devotions
Elisabeth
Faith
Faith Filled Friday
Featured Friend
Guest Post
Hallee
Image Bearing Marriage
Joy
M.A.D. Mommies
Maggie
Meghan
Missions
Mommy Mission
Moms Like Me
Motherhood
My Father's Canvas
Our Team
Penny
Photography
Ponder This
Practical Parenting
Promises
Sami
Seeds Digest
Seeds News
Stephanie
Sue
Sunshine Sunday
Tara
Word of God
Worship
Writing Worth Reading
giveaways
iFellowship
thankful
6 comments:
Stephanie,
I loved this one! Thanks for sharing. When my son was 4, we lost a grandpa and a great-grandma, plus two other close relatives. He had so many questions and we did our best to tell him the truth and how good it will be to see everyone again!
I LOVE that great verse out of Jeremiah! and it was so cute that your son was anxious about being 'high up.' That's one I'd never thought of before. Aren't kids amazing!
Two years ago we lost many loved ones in our family. Our children are 15, 13 and 10. It was a very difficult time for all of especially the children. I praise God for His scripture and His promises. Without Him non of us would have been able to get though those trying times.
just awesome...thank you for sharing Stephanie..
this is such a beautiful reminder. Thank you for this post. I needed this today...
in His love,
Melanie
~ melscoffeebreak.blogspot.com ~
I LOVE this scripture! And I love how you incorporated God's Word with the tough questions of life & faith!
I'll remember this one as my kids grow! (which happens faster than I would like! LOL!)
Post a Comment