Lord, Help!
1 I cried out to God for help;
I cried out to God to hear me.
2 When I was in distress, I sought the Lord;
at night I stretched out untiring hands
and my soul refused to be comforted.
3 I remembered you, O God, and I groaned;
I mused, and my spirit grew faint.
Selah
9 Has God forgotten to be merciful?
Has he in anger withheld his compassion?"
Selah
(Psalm 77:1-3, 9)
I had a post on an entirely different topic planned for today. But with a very spirited, energetic, just-turned-5-year-old (this past Sunday!), and a curious, exploring (getting into everything) 18-month-old, we have had a bit of a challenge on our hands.
It is so very easy to get discouraged and overwhelmed. Especially when you are negotiating with a child (that you had no idea had studied for and passed the BAR exam somewhere in the last 5 years of his life – how else could he be that good?) from the second you wake up, and playing referee to two members of the national
10 Then I thought, "To this I will appeal:
the years of the right hand of the Most High."
11 I will remember the deeds of the LORD;
yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago.
12 I will meditate on all your works
and consider all your mighty deeds.
13 Your ways, O God, are holy.
What god is so great as our God?
14 You are the God who performs miracles;
you display your power among the peoples.
(Psalm 77:10-14)
I’m sure the Psalmist had more on his plate than two rambunctious kiddos when he appealed to the Lord, but hey – the Lord knows us, He knows what we are going through, and He expects us to come to Him no matter how small our problems may seem, right? After all, we wouldn’t turn our kids away when they come to us with a tiny paper cut, right? Those stinkers really hurt!
So I have been crying out to the Lord this morning, and He has heard my request for help. The kids are much calmer now, and playing on their own for the time-being. I’m soaking in some much-needed peace and enjoying my coffee. In a few minutes I’ll be ready to play with them, and hopefully we can turn this day around!
How do you handle days like these?
What verses do you return to time and again to help you through?
I’d love to hear your responses – I could definitely use the help!

Find me on my blogs: The Helping Mommy & MomKaboodle
Follow me on Twitter: @sdakin105
Search Seeds of Faith
Seeds Team Members
- STEPHANIE - MomKaboodle
- PENNY - Living Above Ministries
- AMY - Wife Hat, Mom Hat
- CHERIE - Heart & Soul Reflections
- CHERYL - See Foxes?
- CLAUDIA - For the Love of 4
- ELISABETH - Lean Green Mommy Machine
- HALLEE - Hallee the Homemaker
- JENILEE - The Goodwin Family
- JOY - My Home in the Smokies
- KRISTIN - The Schell Cafe
- SARA - Confessions of the Pastor's Wife
- SARAH - Water, Water, Everywhere
- TARA - Live Your Legacy Today
- TRACEY - Little Bitty Design Studio
11 comments:
I scream...run outside...keep running...and do not turn back!! LOL! J/K!
I pray! I ask God for his peace, patience, and understanding!
I rely on the words from Psalm 55:22 - "Cast your burden on the LORD,And He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved."
Being a mother is HARD work! I joke with my hubby saying I want to get a job just so I can relax! :)
Praying your day gets better!
God Bless!
Ohhhhh, Amy. Thanks so much for your words, and for the laugh.
My Pastor was kinda surprised, I think, when I told him about having to go in for IV fluids when I was pregnant w/ my second. He said something along the lines of "Wow, I'm so sorry!". I said "Oh, it's okay. I'll take a book with me and be able to relax for a few hours!" :)
I'm going to write Psalm 55:22 out on an index card and post it where I'll see it often. Thanks again!
I use Isaiah 40:31 They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.
It gets me through!
Praise God for His help! "Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you." I Peter 5:7
Thank you so much for your words this morning. I am crying out to the Lord this morning. I've been praying a lot lately for him to consume my inside and out, to put the right path on my heart. He is moving quickly and making big changes, changes I didn't think I "needed". But really who am I to say what I need or don't need? It's all God's plan and I am praising him and rejoicing in his grace!!
Stephanie, I sooo appreciate your vulnerability! I too have plans for the day and get frustrated when they get uprooted. I too feel like on some days, that all I am is somebody's Mommy and a wife and never get to be Penny. This touched my heart this morning. You just described my "yesterday". One verse that I almost look to the heavens and say is, Psalm 16:8 - "I know the LORD is always with me. I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me."
I love the "I will not be shaken" part - so often days like this can really shake me to my core. Just to know He's right beside me helps.
Great word Stephanie!
I have to be so aware of what I am doing... be able to stop myself in the moment. I try to recall... "am I parenting my kids like God parents me?" I also love the book Grace Based Parenting and work so hard to model those values.
Great post!
Amanda
Thanks for suggesting I stop by! I am so glad that I did. In fact...I am adding your blog to my blog roll right now!
Stephanie, when it gets to this point in my house, I start praying.
Awesome post! Just know that you aren't alone!
Thank you so much, ladies, for your words of encouragement. I've noticed that just getting the kids (and me, of course) outside is enough to break the "yucky cycle", for lack of a better term.
I'm taking note of all of these scriptures that you mentioned, too. You gals rock!
Great post & I know how you feel! I have been exhausted lately running after the little one's.
Exodus 3:7
" I have surely seen the oppression of my people...and have heard their cry... for I know their sorrows...so I have come down to deliver them... "
1st Peter 5:10
" And the God of all Grace....after you have suffered awhile will himself restore you and make you steadfast. To him be the power forever and ever amen. "
Have a great week!
Post a Comment