August 14, 2010

Having Faith

Hi! My name is Joy and I am new here to the Seeds of Faith writing team.   

Lately, I have been thinking a lot about my dreams and what God wants me to do with my life.  I have been praying and asking God how I can serve Him. I am a stay at home mom and I homeschool my kids. Often I think to myself, "well what can I do?   How can I get out in the world to serve God when I am at home?"

"And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.” Matthew 21:22

God definitely answers prayers.  Not long after praying for God to lead me in the right direction, He started opening doors and putting people in my life that give me the chance to tell others about Him and what He has done. 

It is amazing how God works!  I can spread the word of God without even leaving my home.  He does have a purpose for me, I just need to trust and have faith in Him.  I just need to pray and ask God what He wants me to do, then open my ears and listen.  He will provide the way! 

" He who is faithful in what is least is faithful also in much; and he who is unjust in what is least is unjust also in much." Luke 16:10

Have faith in God! 
 
You can find me at:
 My Home In The Smokies
or twitter @jmpfourjoy

4 comments:

Penny Franklin said...

Joy, this is such a great word to all us Mothers who stay at home and yet want to reach the world! I think often the ministry He has for us looks different than we thought it might - but that doesn't mean we can't embrace what He has set before us.

I love these verses! Thanks for bringing them to the front of my mind today!

Stephanie (The Helping Mommy) said...

Awesome, Joy! One of my good friends reminds me that there is a Season for everything, and that this Season is for raising our children. We ARE doing a good work when we pour our time and energy into them. We're raising the future leaders of our church, after all!
Welcome to the Seeds Team!

Joy Ellis said...

Thanks Penny!

Joy Ellis said...

Thanks Stephanie!

Search Seeds of Faith

Our Featured Friend

Praying For Penny

Photobucket

Faithful Followers

Seeds Banners

Photobucket
iFellowship

iFellowship is a way for Women to link up their sites and connect with other Christians each week. If you're looking for some fun fellowship time, grab the iFellowship button above and join us back here every Wednesday morning!!!

"Like" Seeds of Faith

Facebook - Twitter - RSS - Email Us

facebook Twitter RSS email

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Please Visit Our Wonderful Sponsors:

Spend Less and Save More
Photobucket Photobucket The Tuckers Take Tennessee
Photobucket

Seeds Site Administrators

Living Above Ministries MomKaboodle

Seeds of Faith Founded By:

the tuckers take tennessee The Homeschool Chick

Site design by Tracey

Photobucket

Prayer Requests


Bible Verse of the Day

Seeds Calendar