August 10, 2010

Waiting on God

I am SO sorry, Seeds gals....I totally spaced on my post today. It's been so darn busy around here lately. Today the kids and I spent the whole day outside. We don't do it nearly often enough. It. Was. FABULOUS!

Anyway, I'd like to talk a little bit today about waiting on God.

On a personal level, we truly are waiting right now for His answer. As you may know, I am the mother of a VERY active 5-year-old, who will be entering Kindergarten this school year - we just don't know where.

I have reservations of sending this boy to Public K.....I just don't know that he'll get the appropriate positive direction that he needs in a classroom filled with 20-something kids.

The Christian Preschool that he attended last year usually does a K class, but we're not sure if it's going to happen this year. If it does, there will only be about 6 kids, and they spend A LOT of time outside (where he thrives). This is my #1 preference.

The other option-that-may-not-really-be-an-option is Homeschooling....I've felt a gentle tug on my heart to do it. The two problems that we have are #1 (and it's a biggie) - my husband is opposed to it. He doesn't think my son will get the right preparation (though who has been his primary teacher all of these years?). #2 - Some days we barely get through the day all in one piece.

One of the things that I love about being a Christian, is that I don't have to shoulder this burden. Really, I don't. You see, God already knows what the solution is. He has it all figured out, and according to my favorite verse (Jeremiah 29:11), He has plans to prosper us and not to harm us.

Matthew 6:25-27 says:

“That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing? Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are? Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?"

So why should I sit here hemming and hawing and worrying the problem? We know what our options are. God will show us the way.

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." --Matthew 6:34

Amen!







Find me on my blogs: The Helping Mommy or MomKaboodle - The Place For Moms
and on Twitter: @sdakin105 & @MomKaboodle

6 comments:

SweetsLady said...

When I first approached hubby about homeschooling, he wasn't for it either. We talked to other homeschoolers including dads, so he could get a better idea about it. Praying that God will give you guidance.

Amanda said...

I am truly waiting on God. I have been looking for a teaching job since last year after graduatiing college. Yesterday was a bittersweet day for me b/c I couldn't help thinking about how I should be greeting new students at my classroom door. I have to keep believing that God has a plan to prosper me. IHe knows where I am and wher I am going. Recently, after speaking with my Pastor, I have started to write down some of the Promises that God gives us in his word. I think God wants us to come to him and remind him of what he has given us in his word. I also have begun to think that this season of my life is a great opportunity to draw closer to Him and become more intimate with his calling on my life. Thank you for sharing your story with us. I will be praying that God gives you the direction you need in regards to your son!

Krista Akerberg said...

Oh sweet sister, prayer, prayer, prayer. Pray God will show you in his timing the exact situation He wants you to be in. And guess what, God can change hearts and paths. God is leading our family, after 9 years of H S, to send our oldest to a Christian school and with lots of prayer, I finally have peace with it!!! Home school, public, Christian, God will use us as He sees fit. And as I found out, it changes! As long as there is a solid foundation that comes from home, involvement on our parts, our kids will flourish, no matter the settings. Excited to see how God works on your family!

Penny Franklin said...

Hang in there... I know this is a tough decision! We struggled with the same things a couple of years ago and landed on private Christian school - it was the perfect balance for our family. Keep us posted so we can pray for you!!

Joy Ellis said...

Definitely pray on it! God can do anything. He will lead you and your husband on the right path. We will be praying for you!

Nancy said...

I struggle terribly with this, waiting on God to show me the way. I worry about things. I pray yes but then I find myself and my mind going over and over the situation and what would happen if....or maybe I could/should...then I say the words out loud "God, I know you'll show me the right direction. I know you'll see me through this." Then pretty soon I return to thinking the problem over and over, trying to find a solution myself. I pray for guidance, help, wisdom and strength. Then I return to worrying again. And sure enough God sees me through, not always in a way I'd like but He does see me through. Prayers for you and your family.

Search Seeds of Faith

Our Featured Friend

Praying For Penny

Photobucket

Faithful Followers

Seeds Banners

Photobucket
iFellowship

iFellowship is a way for Women to link up their sites and connect with other Christians each week. If you're looking for some fun fellowship time, grab the iFellowship button above and join us back here every Wednesday morning!!!

"Like" Seeds of Faith

Facebook - Twitter - RSS - Email Us

facebook Twitter RSS email

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Please Visit Our Wonderful Sponsors:

Spend Less and Save More
Photobucket Photobucket The Tuckers Take Tennessee
Photobucket

Seeds Site Administrators

Living Above Ministries MomKaboodle

Seeds of Faith Founded By:

the tuckers take tennessee The Homeschool Chick

Site design by Tracey

Photobucket

Prayer Requests


Bible Verse of the Day

Seeds Calendar