September 7, 2010

An Eye Opener - To Infinty and Beyond

Loss is something I am not sure how to deal with but that i am left with no choice but to. Recently I lost my nephew. A little boy in love with Toy Story and cars. He was only 2 1/2 and for a split second it questioned my faith. When I say split second I mean just that. As I questioned how could this be? Why would he take a baby? I answered my own questions. Sometimes things just happen and they happen for a reason. A plan that I may never know but a plan I am sure is in place by HIM.

The eye opening moment.....
Tuesday of last week I get a very sad phone call about my nephew being in a coma. I speed home to break the news to my father and without thinking, break down in front of my children. I had to pull it together and answer the now million questions being thrown at me.

My children, my oldest mostly, wanted to know what was going on. My hubs and I made our minds up a long time ago that we would always be honest to them. So I explained what I knew and that it didn't look good. For her to keep him in her prayers, and know that God is watching over her. April didn't question me any further after that. She went straight on being a 6 year old kid and I believed what we just talked about didn't affect her in any way.

That night when we said our prayers goodnight, April starts to pray. "before I lay me down to sleep I pray the Lord..." you know how it goes I am sure. But only she said something different that night. "before I lay me down to sleep I pray the lord Klassic's soul to keep" Klassic is my nephew. Really reading this you may not know how profound that hit me. I'm in tears now typing about it. My 6 year old was more concerned about someone's soul than herself. She told me the next morning that if he has to be an angel at least he is with God. That Jesus loves him that much.

How could I have ever questioned my faith, for even just that little second? When my 6 year old, a child still learning life, gets it. It was really an eye-opener and a big help in my grieving. I mean, I miss him. I really, really do. I couldn't have had a better mommy moment than that, than knowing my children truly feel the love of Christ. Truly know that they have a place in God's kingdom.


8 comments:

Laura said...

Im so sorry for your loss, but you are right - your nephew is in a much better place, and is with Jesus. Your blog made me cry - your daughter is profound. Thanks for sharing this difficult story. I had to wipe the tears away so I could see my keys to type. May God comfort you and give you peace beyond understanding.

SweetsLady said...

Oh, the faith of a little child! In tears thinking of how much faith your daughter has.

aurie said...

and a little child shall led them.

everyday i am amazed and humbled by the faith of my girls, and i aspire to have my faith be as pure.

Penny Franklin said...

Claudia, I couldn't read this without tearing up myself. I am so sorry for your loss and know as you do that our Heavenly Father will comfort you and your sweet family in the same proportion that you hurt.

I'll be praying for you all. I'm so glad that you had a wonderful moment with your daughter in the middle of this very difficult situation.

your sis in the faith,
pen

cfoxes33 said...

What a blessing! May God comfort your family as you all go through this. My father read this before me and just commented to me "Wow." He thought it was really good. It's a great reminder that though we know not the Master's plan, we know that he has one.

Joy Ellis said...

Praying for you and your family as you heal through this time. May God give you peace and understanding.

Joy Tamsin David said...

Prayers to your family, Claudia. What a heartbreaking situation. :(

RamblingsofaWoman said...

How sad, but sweet. It is amazing what we can learn from our children. Will be praying for you and your family.
Bernice

Search Seeds of Faith

Our Featured Friend

Praying For Penny

Photobucket

Faithful Followers

Seeds Banners

Photobucket
iFellowship

iFellowship is a way for Women to link up their sites and connect with other Christians each week. If you're looking for some fun fellowship time, grab the iFellowship button above and join us back here every Wednesday morning!!!

"Like" Seeds of Faith

Facebook - Twitter - RSS - Email Us

facebook Twitter RSS email

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Please Visit Our Wonderful Sponsors:

Spend Less and Save More
Photobucket Photobucket The Tuckers Take Tennessee
Photobucket

Seeds Site Administrators

Living Above Ministries MomKaboodle

Seeds of Faith Founded By:

the tuckers take tennessee The Homeschool Chick

Site design by Tracey

Photobucket

Prayer Requests


Bible Verse of the Day

Seeds Calendar