September 10, 2010

Guest Post: God's Hand in My Life and Yours

Do you long to see evidence of God's hand in your life? Do you want to have reassurance that He is in control? Seeing His hand may just be a story away.



God's Hand at Birth

According to the doctor that delivered me, it was a miracle that I was born without complications. The doctor discovered during my mother's c-section that her uterus was paper thin and would have likely ruptured if she had carried me to full term. God's hand was with me in my mother's womb.

God's Hand as a Child

In fourth grade, my parents told me that I would be homeschooling because they did not have the money for me to return to my Christian school. Each week I would spend at least one day with my father. I went to work with him and sat in the empty cubicle beside his, and then in the late afternoon we would go to the homeschool bowling or skating activity. The next year my father died of a heart attack at the age of forty-one. God knew my time with my father was short and gave me those extra moments with my father the year I homeschooled. God's hand was with me as a child.

God's Hand as a Teenager

Crossing the border into Mexico after my ninth grade year, erased my ignorance of the needs of people in other countries. As I spent time teaching vacation Bible school and worshiping with the families in the evenings, God used that trip to ignite a passion in me for different cultures. I would eventually return to Mexico for a second trip, travel to China to teach English for a summer, spend a year teaching on the island of Saipan, and five years teaching on the island of Guam. God's hand was with me as a teenager, and God's Hand continues to direct me as an adult.

God's Hand as a Mother

Inspired by my grandmother's short stories of childhood, I recently started recording my youth on my blog Mommy's Piggy Tales and inviting other women to join me. I did not know what I was getting into!

These women, many of them Christians, are sharing story after story of God's faithfulness throughout their lives. I didn't expect to be knocked over by GOD'S Sovereignty in their stories, I didn't expect to cry, and I didn't expect to bring families closer together, but guess what? It's happening.

We started the project with our birth stories, and now 13 weeks later we are writing about our Senior year of high school. Many of our children are too young to fully appreciate these stories we are sharing now, but one day I am confident these stories will be an awesome source of enjoyment, and encouragement for our children.

Seeing God's hand in your life from birth to now is a powerful thing, and sharing that testimony with others brings glory to God. Some of my stories have been quite lighthearted such as my first boyfriend in seventh grade or the day in second grade when I vowed I would never play with my neighbor girls again, but writing each one of them has been a valuable journey and one I'd like to invite you to join. The second session to record your youth is free and starts October 7, 2010.



Janna Antenorcruz is the founding editor of Mommy's Piggy Tales: Record Your Youth. Inspired by her grandmother's stories of growing up, she created a blog where mothers can have friendly accountability and encouragement to record the memories of their youth in 14 posts. Participation is free and Session 2 will begin October 7, 2010. Need more convincing to get involved? Read the Mommy's Piggy Tales testimonials page.

photo by: Christine


Janna A.


MommysPiggyTALES.com
Record Your Youth in 15 posts.
Session 2 begins October 7, 2010.


Twitter: @AdventureMomJ

I also blog at: TheAdventureofMotherhood.com

4 comments:

Penny Franklin said...

Janna - it's so nice to meet you here! I love this idea of stories! I keep a journal for each of my kids. I would love to give it to their spouses one day when they grow up! I tell them things they did that day, or sometimes I share verses that the Lord shows me which speaks right to where they are or where they are going. It started with wanting to record their cute little sayings and now it's become so much more.

I love your blog - I go there from time to time and really enjoy it!!

Have a great weekend!

Sharon Cohen said...

It is amazing and wonderful to know that God has a hand in the details of our lives; the good, the bad and the ugly. It is the looking back and seeing that He was there that motivated me to praise Him in all things - in trials as in joy.

Your challenge to write the stories of youth comes at an interesting time for me. It has become apparent that God has a declared a growing season for me. In childhood are buried my deepest sorrows. I will need untapped courage to tell my tales.

Janna said...

Wow Penny,What you are doing will be such a treasure for your children. Thanks for the visits and encouragement. I really appreciate it.

Janna said...

Hi Sharon,

I already sense a real eloquence in your writing. Most of the stories told by the moms are on the lighter side, but there are those week that we share painful memories too.

Perhaps your stories are not ones you can share in such a public way as the internet but I know from experience it can be very healing to write about them. God bless you as you give your childhood sorrows a proper burial.

Search Seeds of Faith

Our Featured Friend

Praying For Penny

Photobucket

Faithful Followers

Seeds Banners

Photobucket
iFellowship

iFellowship is a way for Women to link up their sites and connect with other Christians each week. If you're looking for some fun fellowship time, grab the iFellowship button above and join us back here every Wednesday morning!!!

"Like" Seeds of Faith

Facebook - Twitter - RSS - Email Us

facebook Twitter RSS email

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Please Visit Our Wonderful Sponsors:

Spend Less and Save More
Photobucket Photobucket The Tuckers Take Tennessee
Photobucket

Seeds Site Administrators

Living Above Ministries MomKaboodle

Seeds of Faith Founded By:

the tuckers take tennessee The Homeschool Chick

Site design by Tracey

Photobucket

Prayer Requests


Bible Verse of the Day

Seeds Calendar