October 29, 2010

Faith Filled Friday: You of Little Faith?


Jesus never promised us calm waters.  In fact, He tells us "in this world you will have trouble" (John 16:33).  It's how we react when the wave hits, that makes all the difference.  I can't say that I am good at this.  More times than not I look to my own limited human abilities and resources to help me first.  When all those attempts fail, only then do I look to Jesus.

Should I question my faith, when I know this is my tendency?

For me, this is more than a question of my faith.  This is a result of my humanness and my simple desire to 'handle it on my own'.

Dependency on other's is not popular.  We work with our children from a very early age to make them independent and the push for separateness continues in full force into adulthood.

But what does God say....

"Jumping out of the boat, Peter walked on water to Jesus.  But when he looked down at the waves churning beneath his feet, he lost his nerve and started to sink.  He cried, "Master save me!" Jesus didn't hesitate.  He reached down and grabbed his hand." (Matthew 14:29 The Message)

Keep your eyes on Jesus.

When the waves come...

Find.Him.First.


"I have told you these things, so that in me you will have peace.  In this world you may have trouble.  But take heart!  I have overcome the world." John 16:33

How do you keep your eyes on Jesus in a storm?  I would love to know.



My personal blog: A Bokros Kind of Life

Follow me on Twitter: Abokroslife

*Photo from here.

3 comments:

Joy Ellis said...

Many times I haven't first looked ta Jesus during a trial. It took many failures on my human part before I looked up. I have been working hard and challenging myself to look up to Jesus first. Just imagine all of the failures and hurts that would not have happened if I had looked at Jesus first! Thank you for this daily reminder!

megs3782 said...

I'm with Joy - so often I forget to look to him during a rough period. Thank you again Maggie for a wonderful post and a great reminder!

Meghan

Juliejabbers said...

I like your saying - "when the waves come, find him first"

A friend of mine always says, Don't get so down you forget to look up, so I have a picture on my page that says, "look up"
I really enjoy your blog, and I'm blessed by following.
http://www.juliehjabbers.blogspot.com

Search Seeds of Faith

Our Featured Friend

Praying For Penny

Photobucket

Faithful Followers

Seeds Banners

Photobucket
iFellowship

iFellowship is a way for Women to link up their sites and connect with other Christians each week. If you're looking for some fun fellowship time, grab the iFellowship button above and join us back here every Wednesday morning!!!

"Like" Seeds of Faith

Facebook - Twitter - RSS - Email Us

facebook Twitter RSS email

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Please Visit Our Wonderful Sponsors:

Spend Less and Save More
Photobucket Photobucket The Tuckers Take Tennessee
Photobucket

Seeds Site Administrators

Living Above Ministries MomKaboodle

Seeds of Faith Founded By:

the tuckers take tennessee The Homeschool Chick

Site design by Tracey

Photobucket

Prayer Requests


Bible Verse of the Day

Seeds Calendar