November 4, 2010

Ask God About It

This little sign was a giveaway at the Relevant Conference that I recently attended.  It was as if God jumped right out of the box at me when I picked it up.  It caught me off guard, ever so strongly, and my heart skipped a beat.  I am guilty.

Guilty of not following this practice.  Guilty of running ahead of God, as if like a small child running ahead of her parents, confident they will follow.  Guilty of presuming that God will bless the decisions I have made without him.

"I know, O LORD, that a man's life is not his own; it is not for man to direct his steps."
Jeremiah 10:23
Can you relate, friend?  Oh how I hope you can.  So many times I have thrown open the doors and said yes to things before ever consulting God, and honestly, before even thinking about what He might have to say about it.  I hurry ahead of Him making plans, starting projects, all with good intentions.  But if they are not what God has for me, am I missing out on other blessings because I didn't yield to His desires instead of my own?

"You are not your own;  you were bought at a price."
My prayer today is that as I glance upon this little sign at my kitchen window, I will remember that I am Christ's ambassador.  He has work for me to do, and I must consult Him first above all else, before making any plans of my own.
 
My personal blog: Heart And Soul Reflections
Follow me on Twitter: @MySoulReflects

4 comments:

Joy Ellis said...

I think this has happened to all of us more times than not. I know I am definitely guilty about going ahead with something before asking God about it. Thank you for the reminder that we always needs to consult God before we do anything.

Penny Franklin said...

Wow! I love this visual!!! I'm constantly telling my 3 yo to wait for me, to hold my hand in the parking lot, to not run where I cannot see him - Amazing! I know there are times when I don't wait for God, I don't hold onto Him... Praise God I can never run from His sight!

I've heard it said that good ideas are not always God ideas.

Thanks for such a great reminder!

seedsofencouragement said...

Oh how true this is! Its so tempting to run ahead of Him or off on a rabbit trail that looks good without consulting Him. I have done that more times than I care to admit. I am working hard at consulting Him in all of the decisions I am making and watching for His hand on what we are working on. Some days its harder than others but He is patient and draws me closer...funny how we ask everyone else sometimes before asking Him...the one who designed us!

Great reminder! Thank you for this post!

Blessings!

Mary Joy

Eryn {mamahall} said...

that's good stuff. a nice reminder, huh? He knows exactly what we need.

Search Seeds of Faith

Our Featured Friend

Praying For Penny

Photobucket

Faithful Followers

Seeds Banners

Photobucket
iFellowship

iFellowship is a way for Women to link up their sites and connect with other Christians each week. If you're looking for some fun fellowship time, grab the iFellowship button above and join us back here every Wednesday morning!!!

"Like" Seeds of Faith

Facebook - Twitter - RSS - Email Us

facebook Twitter RSS email

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Please Visit Our Wonderful Sponsors:

Spend Less and Save More
Photobucket Photobucket The Tuckers Take Tennessee
Photobucket

Seeds Site Administrators

Living Above Ministries MomKaboodle

Seeds of Faith Founded By:

the tuckers take tennessee The Homeschool Chick

Site design by Tracey

Photobucket

Prayer Requests


Bible Verse of the Day

Seeds Calendar