November 9, 2010

Calling All Warriors!

This weekend I'm speaking at a Women's Retreat.  I'm super excited about the message the Lord has laid on my heart to deliver.

Yesterday & today, I've been studying my material - making sure of two things, 1) that I'm absolutely prepared, and 2) that I'm saying what the Lord wants me to say.

The text for Friday night is Proverbs 31:10:
"An excellent wife, who can find?  For her worth is far above jewels."

Some translations say, "excellent", some say, "virtuous"... but the Hebrew word here is actually valor, strength, mighty as in a warrior, valiant!

I think too often we look at our English words and miss a HUGE message!  Ladies!  Hear me when I say - We, as Moms and Wives are valiant!!!  This job of raising children and submitting to our husbands is not a job for the faint of heart - but rather requires the strength of a warrior.

I think Pat Benatar got it wrong, Love is not our Battlefield - but rather life as a Christian woman, wife and mother in this present world is our battlefield!

Just stop and think of the big and small "battles" you potentially fight every day:

1.  The "he hit me!" and the "she won't give me back my (_____)!" arguments.
2.  The strategy behind which bills do you pay and when
3.  Handling broken appliances, cars, and other mechanical or technical devices
4.  Managing very crazy and sometimes impossible schedule demands
5.  Protecting your sweet innocent minds from the junk on TV
6.  Answering questions about tattoos and nose rings
7.  Raising your kids to love the Lord wholeheartedly in a world that is anything but godly!

In reality, this list could go on for longer than you would have time or desire to read...

It takes a wise and mighty warrior to win these battles!

This past weekend, my parents celebrated their 45th Wedding anniversary.  I wrote a tribute to their marriage on my blog - Living Above.  I celebrated them as Veterans of Marriage.  While they are still fighting in this battle, they are also definitely winning!!!!

In honor of the upcoming Veterans Day this Thursday - I did a little research as to the characteristics of a "warrior" - check them out and notice just how many of these we need as Moms!

Characteristics of a Warrior
Assertive
Active
Energized
Strategic
Alert
Disciplined
Servant
Well trained
Body & Mind working in harmony
Knows the enemy & their ways
Devoted to the cause
Aware of the dangers

Ladies!  We are called to be Warriors!!!

Are you up for it?  I certainly want to be found worthy in this present battle and to not only acquire all of these characteristics but master them as well!  Take another look at this list.  I would imagine you can name several ways you fulfill these each & every day!

I know we can claim victory in this current battle with this simple verse...

Judges 6:12 (NASB)
"The Lord is with you, O valiant warrior."

(by the way, this word, "valiant warrior" - is the same Hebrew word used in Proverbs 31:10!)

My sweet sisters in the faith, with the Lord at our side, turning to Him as our Commander, we cannot fail!  If you are feeling tired in this battle, find a place of safe retreat.  Build up your strength, gain some new ammunition, rest up a bit and then head back out!  We've got work to do!!!

The only way I know how to end this post is with a word we use in our house often and one that would make my military Dad proud....

"Hoo-Ah!"







I would love to get to know you better! You can find me almost every day sharing what God is teaching me personally over at my blog, Living Above Ministries. I also am totally addicted to Facebook & Twitter! So grab a cup of coffee and let's chat!!

1 comments:

Stephanie (The Helping Mommy) said...

This gave me the chills, Penny! Love the pics, too. Another awesome post, my friend.
Oh, and you and your hubs are so darn cute together! =)

Search Seeds of Faith

Our Featured Friend

Praying For Penny

Photobucket

Faithful Followers

Seeds Banners

Photobucket
iFellowship

iFellowship is a way for Women to link up their sites and connect with other Christians each week. If you're looking for some fun fellowship time, grab the iFellowship button above and join us back here every Wednesday morning!!!

"Like" Seeds of Faith

Facebook - Twitter - RSS - Email Us

facebook Twitter RSS email

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Please Visit Our Wonderful Sponsors:

Spend Less and Save More
Photobucket Photobucket The Tuckers Take Tennessee
Photobucket

Seeds Site Administrators

Living Above Ministries MomKaboodle

Seeds of Faith Founded By:

the tuckers take tennessee The Homeschool Chick

Site design by Tracey

Photobucket

Prayer Requests


Bible Verse of the Day

Seeds Calendar