December 19, 2010

Seeds Digest - November 21st - December 18th

It's been a while since we've had a Seeds Digest!

In case you missed any of these great posts, we have them all here in one spot so you can get caught up.

I'm praying that the Lord will prepare all of our hearts for this glorious Christmas celebration. May he soften our "innkeeper's hearts" to the real meaning of the Season - the birth of our Lord, Jesus Christ!

November 22, 2010 - I Am Thankful This week, most of us in the United States are readying for several things; a day of eating, a day of shopping, and for most of us, a day off from our jobs. But Thanksgiving started out as more than that...

November 23, 2010 - In This Rejoice, In This Be Thankful Again, in my prayer time this week, it was as if the Lord was making the words in my Bible bold - highlighted - and underlined - regarding something I often fail to thank Him for at this time of year.

Bear with me... as this is not a typical "thanksgiving" verse...

November 24, 2010 - iFellowship 11/24/2010 with Featured Friend, Sarah from Water Water Everywhere

November 25, 2010 - Thanks!I love the reminder to set aside some time on this Holiday to reflect on our many blessings, and to think about what we are thankful for.

But do we make the habit of acknowledging our blessings all of the other days of the year?

My Pastor often talks about the "Attitude of Gratitude"....

November 26, 2010 - Guest Post: God's Answers by Jamie Habermaas from Inspired Mess
Have you ever asked God for answers but never stopped long enough to hear what He's trying to tell you? Unfortunately, that's been me lately. The past couple of months, I've felt led to change careers and have felt my passion for wanting to make a difference just ready to burst forth! I have repeatedly asked for guidance and answers....

November 27, 2010 - A Thankful Moment his is the season to be thankful. With Thanksgiving done and Christmas on the way, i find myself trying to teach my children the real meaning of it all. I can see that the social world has played a big part in what they think its all about. So it was time to take a lesson in Thanksgiving and we will do the same for Christmas.....

November 28, 2010 - M.A.D. Mommies
Our family has many Christmas traditions. Some are classic, like attending the Christmas Eve service together and reading the Christmas story in the morning before opening presents. Others involve eating pizza bread at the family get-together and expecting a toothbrush, toothpaste, and an orange in my stocking from Grandma each year.

But another thing to expect from Grandma isn't so common....

November 29, 2010 - $5 From 100 People
In a previous post we mentioned that the Seeds of Faith holiday project is to support Children's Hope Chest.

Our goal is to raise $500 to help stop Sex Trafficking in children.

Do you know that if 100 people donated $5 each, that we could easily reach this goal?...

November 30, 2010 - The Beauty of Fridge Letters
This morning with coffee in hand, I opened my One Year Bible. I breathed in deeply and just sat still for a moment before reading. I shared with the Lord some of the things that were on my heart.

Some were requests, some were admittedly "whys" (I just can't seem to rid myself of those!), and some were praises and thanks. I asked the Lord to give me a special word. It didn't have to be an answer for all that I had just laid before Him, but just His still small voice that speaks volumes to my soul!...

December 1, 2010 - iFellowship 12/1/2010 with Featured Friend, Aurie from It's Our Good Life

December 2, 2010 - Praise Him!
There seem to be many traditions and examples of praising God in the morning and in the evening. Several songs even come to mind:

"Praise Him in the morning, Praise Him in the evening, Praise him when I'm young and when I'm old."

"From the rising of the sun, til the sun goes down, let the name of the Lord be praised!"....

December 4, 2010 - The Culture's Message: Sex is Great! Why Wait?
Shopping at the mall Thanksgiving weekend, I saw a sight that broke my heart. A little girl of approximately six or seven years old in pigtails and Mary Janes was sitting on the ledge of a store's window front. She was all innocence and bubblegum bubbles, and was laughing at a baby in a stroller....

December 6, 2010 - Giveaway: $35 Gift Code to CSN Stores

December 7, 2010 -Candy Cans
It seems like everywhere we go we see Candy Canes.

Our neighbors have large plastic ones lining their porch. When we go to the bank, they offer them to my children.....

December 8, 2010 - iFellowship 12/8/10 with Featured Friend, Jenilee of the Goodwin Family Blog

December 9, 2010 - Do You Trust Them to Him?
It's easy to want to hold on tightly to our kids sometimes. To shield them from hurt both physical and emotional. To worry about them endlessly when they are in the care of others (sometimes even when they're with loved ones!)

But let us remember that as much as WE love and want what's best for our children, our Father in Heaven wants that even more!...

December 11, 2010 - Going Through A Difficult Time?

December 13, 2010 - Grace Has a Face!
This month I have been looking at non-traditional/contemporary Christmas songs. Earlier in the year, I listened to a cd and found this song that is sung by the southern gospel group, Greater Vision. It starts out telling about how the wiseman went to find this child and how they described him....

December 14, 2010 - Which One is Your Favorite?
here are as many different decorated trees as there are homes to fill them. I have one friend who decorates according to a color theme each year. I have another friend who has a complete tree dedicated to her college alma mater - complete with orange only lights & everything!

I love the many different personalities of decorated Christmas trees. They tell quite the story of the owners' lives....

December 15, 2010 - iFellowship 12/15/2010 with Featured Friend, Liz at A Flowering Dogwood

December 16, 2010 - Joy to the World
You might think with four children and ten years of Christmas pageants under my

belt I could make it through another without shedding a tear. Well I tried, but at our three-year-old’s Pick Up Pageant this week the tears flowed like clockwork. As you probably know, in pick up pageants children choose which part they play in the Christmas story. This year the familiar story was told with the help of three Marys and no less than a dozen angels. Our little one announced earlier this week that she would be ‘a keen’. And a beautiful king she was!...


December 18, 2010 - A Lesson From Love
As I explained on my blog last week, I've been having a hard time this Christmas. We just celebrated my husband's birthday with him being gone from home for the third year in a row, and now we're facing another Christmas with him still in Afghanistan. I battle the desire to go to a corner and just cry at the unfairness of it all. Every day I have to intentionally put my chin up and pray for good cheer.

Wednesday morning, I was feeling really sorry for myself. Wednesday is my day to volunteer and cook at the soup kitchen, which normally is so fulfilling to me, but that day was the day before Gregg's birthday and I was dwelling on it. That afternoon, a young wife and mother came into the dining room to eat....

Hope you enjoyed these posts! Did you see something you missed? We'd love if you'd leave us a comment. :)

0 comments:

Search Seeds of Faith

Our Featured Friend

Praying For Penny

Photobucket

Faithful Followers

Seeds Banners

Photobucket
iFellowship

iFellowship is a way for Women to link up their sites and connect with other Christians each week. If you're looking for some fun fellowship time, grab the iFellowship button above and join us back here every Wednesday morning!!!

"Like" Seeds of Faith

Facebook - Twitter - RSS - Email Us

facebook Twitter RSS email

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Please Visit Our Wonderful Sponsors:

Spend Less and Save More
Photobucket Photobucket The Tuckers Take Tennessee
Photobucket

Seeds Site Administrators

Living Above Ministries MomKaboodle

Seeds of Faith Founded By:

the tuckers take tennessee The Homeschool Chick

Site design by Tracey

Photobucket

Prayer Requests


Bible Verse of the Day

Seeds Calendar