December 21, 2010

Will you help spread the word?

Restoration.  Hope.  Joy.

These are only a few received messages I've already seen by those around me this Christmas season.

Don't you just love it when the Lord reveals something to you - over and over again - until you say, "Aha! I get it now!"

The Lord has been communicating a simple message to me in many small and connected ways and I wanted to pass it along to you.  The message is simple.

Spread the word about Me.

Yes, that's it!  I know many of you will be sitting down at a table this week with people who do not know the Lord like you do.  You may be the very person God wants to use to deliver the message of Restoration.  Hope.  Joy.

These are the simple ways He reminded me of this simple & yet important message.  Perhaps you can even use these as conversation starters!

Last week I read, "The 12 Days of Christmas," to my children at bedtime.  The book we have is actually about the history of this famous story.  The one "day" that really stood out to me this year was "4 Calling Birds."  The 4 Calling Birds represent Matthew, Mark, Luke & John.  Just as birds call out, the disciples called out or shared with all of us who Jesus is and what He has done for us.

SALVATION

Then, last Sunday night, our church took 30 people caroling to the homes right around our church.   Most people received us very well.  They stood on their porch, listened with a smile and then waved and thanked us as we moved on to the next house.  However, one house really moved me.  A mother and son, and perhaps a grandmother, came to the door.  About half-way through our song the mother reached over and hugged her son.  It was really a beautiful thing to watch!

RESTORATION

Yesterday I invited a few little girls and their mothers over for a Christmas playdate.  We're out from school and I know these Christmas vacation days can seem like forever - waiting for Christmas.  So while the girls played dolls and Lightbright, the mothers & I shared a cup of coffee & Baked Brie (Yum!!).  One of the mothers began to share what the Lord is teaching her lately. (now... keep in mind this was the 1st time the three of us had spent 1-on-1 time together!)  What a special time!  She touched both of hearts and gave us both hope & wisdom for the days of mothering to come!

HOPE

Last night I read, "The Legend of the Candy Cane," to my kids at bedtime.  I love the part of the story where the candy store owner asked little Lucy if she will help him spread the word about the real meaning of the Candy Cane.  As a result an entire town came out of their dark places and found joy in a candy store!

JOY

The message is simple.  Spread the word.  It may seem strange and out of place (like old fashioned caroling or sharing your heart at a playdate)... but God can and wants to use you to share His good news!  He wants to use your surroundings, your stories, your life for His glory!  It doesn't have to sound like the preacher on Sunday morning to be effective.  Just tell about the God of your every day life!

So this week - be brave, do the unordinary thing, talk about the Lord who has changed you!  You just might find them experiencing restoration, hope, joy, and salvation.



Now those are some Christmas presents worthy of unwrapping!





I would love to get to know you better! You can find me almost every day sharing what God is teaching me personally over at my blog, Living Above Ministries. I also am totally addicted to Facebook &  Twitter! So grab a cup of coffee and let's chat!!

4 comments:

Larri at Seams Inspired said...

Love, Love, Love this! Thank you, Penny!
I woke up yesterday morning with images floating about my head. I knew what I had to do. I had to spread the word about CHRISTmas. I got busy and created a blog button that reads, "The line to see JESUS starts HERE"

I'm doing my part to share CHRISTmas and HIM with everyone I know. Thanks for the beautiful reminder. Merry CHRISTmas, friend! :o)

Penny Franklin said...

How cool!!! I'm going to your blog now to check out your new button!!!

Have a fun day - sharing as much as you can wherever you go!

Michelle said...

What a great post. I agree we need to spread the word and share our faith. It's the best gift to give this Holiday season. I think my favorite tip shared was the playdate. Why not work in what you've been studying about God when you gather with others. We're so quick to talk about TV shows we're watching or other books we're reading so why not our currnt devotion or something we learned at Church this past Sunday. I want to work on being more bold in sharing about Christ. I'm starting with prayer for God's ability and grace to be able to do so.

seedsofencouragement said...

Love it, Penny!!!! All so true! Sharing the message of Jesus' love is so important. We are going to take cookies to the little men's shelter in our little town later this evening. We are going to sing two Christmas Carols that share the message of Jesus' birth. The kids get to pick which ones.

I really enjoyed your article...spreading the message of His salvation is SO important and this time of year is a great opportunity to do that...if we don't get to distracted ourselves. Thanks for the great reminders!

Merry Christmas, Penny!!!!

Blessings!

Mary Joy

Search Seeds of Faith

Our Featured Friend

Praying For Penny

Photobucket

Faithful Followers

Seeds Banners

Photobucket
iFellowship

iFellowship is a way for Women to link up their sites and connect with other Christians each week. If you're looking for some fun fellowship time, grab the iFellowship button above and join us back here every Wednesday morning!!!

"Like" Seeds of Faith

Facebook - Twitter - RSS - Email Us

facebook Twitter RSS email

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Please Visit Our Wonderful Sponsors:

Spend Less and Save More
Photobucket Photobucket The Tuckers Take Tennessee
Photobucket

Seeds Site Administrators

Living Above Ministries MomKaboodle

Seeds of Faith Founded By:

the tuckers take tennessee The Homeschool Chick

Site design by Tracey

Photobucket

Prayer Requests


Bible Verse of the Day

Seeds Calendar