July 16, 2010
Faith Filled Friday: Be Intentional
I want to live my faith out loud. I NEED to live my faith out loud. I start my day with a simple prayer..."Good Morning Lord! Give me ways serve YOU today?" I don't wait for Him to show me - He may or may not. I purpose to find opportunities to be His hands and feet, within my day. After all this is what He has asked of me and it's a small price to pay in comparison.
I have recently struggled with HOW to serve Him in a "Radical Way" AND serve my husband AND serve my family AND serve my friends. What He helped me to see is that ALL the ways I can serve Him are right in front of me......they have been there all along.
Serving my husband, may children, my friends, my neighbors is ALL part of His plan for me. It may be reading to my daughters, making lunch for my husband, taking dinner to a neighbor or it could be something bigger like gather clothing and necessities for homeless people in our community or offering an empty room in our home to someone needing a fresh start.
The point is NOT TO WAIT ON HIM TO LEAD YOU, but to BE INTENTIONAL ABOUT FINDING WAYS TO PUT "FEET TO YOUR FAITH".
"......let us not love with words
or tongue, but in actions and in truth."
~1 John 3:18
Maybe you need to start or maybe you already do live radically, intentionally for God. I'd love to know how you put "feet to your faith" this week.
Visit my blog to read more of my Feet To Your Faith Series Coming Soon!
Follow me on Twitter at @abokroslife
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Search Seeds of Faith
Seeds Team Members
- STEPHANIE - MomKaboodle
- PENNY - Living Above Ministries
- AMY - Wife Hat, Mom Hat
- CHERIE - Heart & Soul Reflections
- CHERYL - See Foxes?
- CLAUDIA - For the Love of 4
- ELISABETH - Lean Green Mommy Machine
- HALLEE - Hallee the Homemaker
- JENILEE - The Goodwin Family
- JOY - My Home in the Smokies
- KRISTIN - The Schell Cafe
- SARA - Confessions of the Pastor's Wife
- SARAH - Water, Water, Everywhere
- TARA - Live Your Legacy Today
- TRACEY - Little Bitty Design Studio
Faithful Followers
Site Categories
2010
Advertise
Alicia
Amy
Cheryl
Claudia
Contact Us
Daily Life
Devotionals
Devotions
Elisabeth
Faith
Faith Filled Friday
Featured Friend
Guest Post
Hallee
Image Bearing Marriage
Joy
M.A.D. Mommies
Maggie
Meghan
Missions
Mommy Mission
Moms Like Me
Motherhood
My Father's Canvas
Our Team
Penny
Photography
Ponder This
Practical Parenting
Promises
Sami
Seeds Digest
Seeds News
Stephanie
Sue
Sunshine Sunday
Tara
Word of God
Worship
Writing Worth Reading
giveaways
iFellowship
thankful


9 comments:
Great post Maggie! I am so pleased that God has given me your friendship. The passion we share for putting feet to our faith is very uplifting! Much love to you!
Wonderful post! Just awesome! What a challenge you made for those who doesn't already try to do this! Thanks for sharing!! :)
i needed this!!!!
thank you
i plan on waking up every morning and knowing that i will serve Him that day.
thank you for this post i really did need it
A few weeks ago I put my faith to feet by reading my Bible and blogging about it every day. (www.readingwithlarri.blogspot.com)It's hard to put myself 'out there' knowing the possibility for scorn can be just a comment away. But I felt the need to do it. I'm not a theologian. I don't have all the answers. (I probably get half of what I read wrong!) It's just me reading my Bible and writing what stood out to me that day.
Thanks for your timely post. Happy Friday! :o)
A few weeks ago I put my faith to feet by reading my Bible and blogging about it every day. (www.readingwithlarri.blogspot.com)It's hard to put myself 'out there' knowing the possibility for scorn can be just a comment away. But I felt the need to do it. I'm not a theologian. I don't have all the answers. (I probably get half of what I read wrong!) It's just me reading my Bible and writing what stood out to me that day.
Thanks for your timely post. Happy Friday! :o)
Hello! Thank you so much for linking up and stopping by my blog today. This is juts what I needed today, as my walk is down a very BUMPY road today. Thank you and God bless!
Melissa
http://www.homegrownfamilies.blogspot.com
My dad told me a story once he heard from Gloria Gaither.
Whatever you are suppose to be doing, like cleaning the house, picking up your clothes, singing in front of others, just do it well. "Pick up your socks" is the term we use. Just do what you always do and the rest will come to you!
Thanks for your post today!
Every time that I start slacking off, lagging behind or otherwise taking it easy in life - there comes that word again that seems to prick me like a cattle prod.
Intentional.
I need reminding often and God always sends someone, somehow in some large print way to remind me to remain intentional in my walk in His Way. I have lived "accidently" for far too long. I want to be intentional in all that I do.
You have posted a wonderful, powerful reminder - I thank you.
Wow - I'm so excited to have found this blog through Honoring the King Ministries. I too am a Christian blogger ... I blog over at www.openbookgirls.com I hope you can stop by and follow me there. I look forward to linking up on Wed :) Also, our family ministry blog is www.ourfamilyonmission.com
Blessings!
anne
Post a Comment