August 21, 2010
Moms Like Me
This week's mom is originally from Campbell, NY, although she now ministers with her pastor husband in Middlebury Center, PA. Babette has three children, one boy (age 13) and two girls (ages 10 and 6). She is a joy to be around and I know you will glean much from her interview!!

*What are your favorite activities with your children?
We love reading together (because it involves snuggling), singing, telling jokes, playing on the Wii, and we're just starting to get into family bike riding now that our youngest is getting more confident.
*What are YOUR personal hobbies?
Singing, reading, writing songs, some crafts, but not devoted to any one type
*What have you found to be the most rewarding aspect of mothering?
Hearing encouragement come from my children (without prompting them first), and seeing their awareness of the power of prayer grow.
*What have you found to be the most challenging aspect of mothering?
Wanting them to be encouragers (without prompting them) and watching them struggle to grow into their personalities. It's really hard not to put my expectations or dreams on their plate.
*What advice would you like to share with other moms?
Pray!! Be willing to ask for help - and to give it, no matter what state your house or their house is in. Seek your husband as a full partner, and pray for that end if he is not currently receptive.
*How do you find time to cultivate your own personal relationship with the Lord?
I actually subscribe to some online devotionals that just come to my inbox, and then when I am devouring my forwards and chuckles from friends, I am reminded that God wants time with me too. Don't be discouraged if you can't fit in the same amount of study at the same time every day (although it is easier to make good habits that way), just carve out some time - intentionally.
*Is there anything else about yourself that you would like to share?
I was very much the 'career woman' mommy before I moved here 10 years ago. And I NEVER thought I would become the woman who accepts other people's kids at a moments notice to stay or hang out at my house - especially (gulp) toddlers! Even while laughing at myself on the inside ("haha - you're doing WHAT?!?! WOULD THE REAL Babette please stand up?!"), I have grown to enjoy the nurturing that can happen and the encouragement I have been able to be to other women. Oh, and about that. Be intentional about befriending other women - it is SUPER worth the effort!! :)
Wow, Babette!! Thanks so much for those words of wisdom and for sharing your heart with us! Teaching your children to encourage is such a special thing, and I'm sure you were a HUGE encouragement to our readers today!!

My personal blog: A Steady Rain
Find me on Twitter @a_steady_rain
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Search Seeds of Faith
Seeds Team Members
- STEPHANIE - MomKaboodle
- PENNY - Living Above Ministries
- AMY - Wife Hat, Mom Hat
- CHERIE - Heart & Soul Reflections
- CHERYL - See Foxes?
- CLAUDIA - For the Love of 4
- ELISABETH - Lean Green Mommy Machine
- HALLEE - Hallee the Homemaker
- JENILEE - The Goodwin Family
- JOY - My Home in the Smokies
- KRISTIN - The Schell Cafe
- SARA - Confessions of the Pastor's Wife
- SARAH - Water, Water, Everywhere
- TARA - Live Your Legacy Today
- TRACEY - Little Bitty Design Studio
Faithful Followers
Site Categories
2010
Advertise
Alicia
Amy
Cheryl
Claudia
Contact Us
Daily Life
Devotionals
Devotions
Elisabeth
Faith
Faith Filled Friday
Featured Friend
Guest Post
Hallee
Image Bearing Marriage
Joy
M.A.D. Mommies
Maggie
Meghan
Missions
Mommy Mission
Moms Like Me
Motherhood
My Father's Canvas
Our Team
Penny
Photography
Ponder This
Practical Parenting
Promises
Sami
Seeds Digest
Seeds News
Stephanie
Sue
Sunshine Sunday
Tara
Word of God
Worship
Writing Worth Reading
giveaways
iFellowship
thankful
2 comments:
Great to meet you, Babette! :D Thank you for your encouraging words about being intentional in Bible study.
Great interview Rachel! Babette... great words of wisdom and encouragement - especially about investing in other women!
Post a Comment