August 29, 2010
Surrounded.
I'm writing this post far from my home in Oregon. I've actually traveled to Denver, Colorado for the weekend to be with my mentor and good friend. It was an unexpected trip... one that I never imagined that I would take.
My friend, well... she and her husband have always been this iconic couple for marriages. They did more premarital counseling, mentoring, officiating weddings... more than anyone I've ever known. Everyone wanted their marriage to look like that of my friend and her husband.
As it so happens, about a week ago, I got an email from her. It was simple, blunt, and to the point. In the email, she wrote one statement that made my bones shake and my eyes sting with tears.
"He has left me."
I sat, stunned, looking into the small screen on my phone with my jaw open and my eyes already burning. I had no words. I couldn't believe it. It was a wife's worst nightmare.
So, I immediately made plans to be on a flight to Denver as soon as I could. I arrived yesterday evening and I have been encouraged, uplifted and warmed by what I've seen. Women... so many loving and faithful women... have come around my dear friend. They have flown in from around the country, driven overnight from far away states, to be with her in her time of need.
I sat at a table full of women last night, and I just looked into their faces. These women who loved each other, supported each other, lifted each other up off the floor when knocked down. It was humbling to sit at a table with such faithful servants.
As I looked at each woman, then looked at my friend... I could see the stress lift off of her shoulders. I could visibly see the change in attitude. I could tangibly feel the love and faithfulness of Christ being poured out by His people.
I thought to myself "This is what it's all about."
And isn't it? Community. We're not meant to go through life's struggles on our own. We're not meant to journey by ourselves. This marathon of a race was meant to be run with friends, with people, with family, with community.
We're meant to be surrounded. I pray that this place becomes a safe haven for you. That you feel connected and uplifted and surrounded by other women who are on a journey alongside your own. No matter where you are in life, I pray that you can come to this place and be reminded of the goodness of the Lord.
I am thankful for you. I'm thankful that you're here... surrounding me with love and encouragement.
My personal blog: The Outdoor Wife
Find me on Twitter: @theoutdoorwife
My friend, well... she and her husband have always been this iconic couple for marriages. They did more premarital counseling, mentoring, officiating weddings... more than anyone I've ever known. Everyone wanted their marriage to look like that of my friend and her husband.
As it so happens, about a week ago, I got an email from her. It was simple, blunt, and to the point. In the email, she wrote one statement that made my bones shake and my eyes sting with tears.
"He has left me."
I sat, stunned, looking into the small screen on my phone with my jaw open and my eyes already burning. I had no words. I couldn't believe it. It was a wife's worst nightmare.
So, I immediately made plans to be on a flight to Denver as soon as I could. I arrived yesterday evening and I have been encouraged, uplifted and warmed by what I've seen. Women... so many loving and faithful women... have come around my dear friend. They have flown in from around the country, driven overnight from far away states, to be with her in her time of need.
I sat at a table full of women last night, and I just looked into their faces. These women who loved each other, supported each other, lifted each other up off the floor when knocked down. It was humbling to sit at a table with such faithful servants.
As I looked at each woman, then looked at my friend... I could see the stress lift off of her shoulders. I could visibly see the change in attitude. I could tangibly feel the love and faithfulness of Christ being poured out by His people.
I thought to myself "This is what it's all about."
And isn't it? Community. We're not meant to go through life's struggles on our own. We're not meant to journey by ourselves. This marathon of a race was meant to be run with friends, with people, with family, with community.
We're meant to be surrounded. I pray that this place becomes a safe haven for you. That you feel connected and uplifted and surrounded by other women who are on a journey alongside your own. No matter where you are in life, I pray that you can come to this place and be reminded of the goodness of the Lord.
I am thankful for you. I'm thankful that you're here... surrounding me with love and encouragement.
My personal blog: The Outdoor Wife
Find me on Twitter: @theoutdoorwife
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Search Seeds of Faith
Seeds Team Members
- STEPHANIE - MomKaboodle
- PENNY - Living Above Ministries
- AMY - Wife Hat, Mom Hat
- CHERIE - Heart & Soul Reflections
- CHERYL - See Foxes?
- CLAUDIA - For the Love of 4
- ELISABETH - Lean Green Mommy Machine
- HALLEE - Hallee the Homemaker
- JENILEE - The Goodwin Family
- JOY - My Home in the Smokies
- KRISTIN - The Schell Cafe
- SARA - Confessions of the Pastor's Wife
- SARAH - Water, Water, Everywhere
- TARA - Live Your Legacy Today
- TRACEY - Little Bitty Design Studio
Faithful Followers
Site Categories
2010
Advertise
Alicia
Amy
Cheryl
Claudia
Contact Us
Daily Life
Devotionals
Devotions
Elisabeth
Faith
Faith Filled Friday
Featured Friend
Guest Post
Hallee
Image Bearing Marriage
Joy
M.A.D. Mommies
Maggie
Meghan
Missions
Mommy Mission
Moms Like Me
Motherhood
My Father's Canvas
Our Team
Penny
Photography
Ponder This
Practical Parenting
Promises
Sami
Seeds Digest
Seeds News
Stephanie
Sue
Sunshine Sunday
Tara
Word of God
Worship
Writing Worth Reading
giveaways
iFellowship
thankful

3 comments:
Nish, we are all praying for you as you are with your dear friend and sister in the faith. I do know of this pain and know that it will be a journey and she will need those that are around her.
Yes! I have found the "community" of which you speak here at Seeds of Faith Women! This group of women have ministered to me in special ways in the short time that I've been coming here!
Let's just keep it up!
Blessings!
Nish, we are definitely praying for you and your friend. We definitely have an awesome community and I am so glad that I am a part of it with you here at Seeds of Faith!
I really enjoyed reading the posts on your blog. I would like to invite you to come on over to my blog and check it out. God bless, Lloyd
Post a Comment