October 15, 2010

Faith Filled Friday: Getting In Step


Maybe your little ones are brand new walkers.....teetering as they take their first steps.  Maybe they are growing like crazy, right before your eyes, but when they walk beside you it's still two of their steps to your one.  Maybe....just maybe there are moments when you do a double take, watching their stride fall in step with your's every so often.

When we grow as believers we should be aiming for the place, where our stride matches God's.  Oswald Chambers says, "Getting in step with God means nothing less than oneness with Him."  I am looking for that place.  I feel the restlessness inside of me.  I wrestle with the ebb and flow of holding on to what is familiar and reaching for what is ahead.....calling me.  I feel the pain of the familiar breaking down as a newness begins to emerge.  I am in the 'Land Between' as my Pastor calls it.

Some days my steps are teetering......holding on....falling....getting back up.....by His Grace.

Some days I am stepping two steps to His one, just trying to catch up.

Some days I feel the impossible start to look possible and I do a double take, feeling myself fall into stride with Him.

"He won't tire out or quit.  He won't be stopped until he's finished his work - to set things right on earth." 
Isaiah 42:4 The Message

Where are your steps taking you today?



Visit my personal blog at: A Bokros Kind of Life

**Homeschoolers link up your teaching tips for Teach Me Tuesday!

Follow me on Twitter: Abokroslife

0 comments:

Search Seeds of Faith

Our Featured Friend

Praying For Penny

Photobucket

Faithful Followers

Seeds Banners

Photobucket
iFellowship

iFellowship is a way for Women to link up their sites and connect with other Christians each week. If you're looking for some fun fellowship time, grab the iFellowship button above and join us back here every Wednesday morning!!!

"Like" Seeds of Faith

Facebook - Twitter - RSS - Email Us

facebook Twitter RSS email

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Please Visit Our Wonderful Sponsors:

Spend Less and Save More
Photobucket Photobucket The Tuckers Take Tennessee
Photobucket

Seeds Site Administrators

Living Above Ministries MomKaboodle

Seeds of Faith Founded By:

the tuckers take tennessee The Homeschool Chick

Site design by Tracey

Photobucket

Prayer Requests


Bible Verse of the Day

Seeds Calendar