November 26, 2010
Guest Post: God's Answers
Have you ever asked God for answers but never stopped long enough to hear what He's trying to tell you? Unfortunately, that's been me lately. The past couple of months, I've felt led to change careers and have felt my passion for wanting to make a difference just ready to burst forth! I have repeatedly asked for guidance and answers. I am such an impatient person and would keep asking "Why? What? What do I do? Tell me what to do! Show me where to go. Open my eyes to answers. Please, God! Just show me!" Raise your hand if you've been there. My impatience has been getting the best of me.
I was feeling so desperate for answers, I even wondered if God was sending me a message through a fortune cookie one day....
"Your present plans are going to succeed within the year."
Could it be? Is this my message from God I've been waiting for? Is this Him sending me comfort and reassurance to continue with what I'm doing? Do I think God would use a fortune cookie to reach out to me? I mean food will get my attention! *smile* The answer is that I don't know. But I do know that God can do anything, use anything, or anybody who is willing.
"With God, all things are possible." Matthew 19:26
Even if it's not a message from Him, I was reminded that He's got this. He is in control. He knows my heart's desire and guess what... He cares about them too. Just like He cares for yours. He knows our desires before we even ask. He promises to supply our every need.
"Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?" Matthew 6:26
I know that sometimes I need little reminders. "Seek God first and everything else can wait."...I tell myself that a lot. We get so caught up in the "now" that we sometimes let our own desires hinder God's plan for our lives. I've been reminded lately that this life is not mine. My life is for Him, for His purpose and glory.
"But seek ye first the Kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matthew 6:33
So lately, while I've been repeatedly asking for answers, I heard it. God clearly said this to me... "Stop! Stop it! Be still and listen." and this verse:
"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31
"Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fullness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore." Psalm 16:11
My blog: Inspired Mess
Twitter: @inspiredmess
Jamie Habermaas is married and together they have 3 rowdy boys. She spends her days in a law office dreaming up big ideas and her evenings checking homework, giving lots of hugs and finding the adventure in the every day. Diagnosed with M.S. in January, 2009, she spends much time raising awareness for the disease and with M.A.D. Moms, Moms who are making a difference in their communities.
I was feeling so desperate for answers, I even wondered if God was sending me a message through a fortune cookie one day....
"Your present plans are going to succeed within the year."
Could it be? Is this my message from God I've been waiting for? Is this Him sending me comfort and reassurance to continue with what I'm doing? Do I think God would use a fortune cookie to reach out to me? I mean food will get my attention! *smile* The answer is that I don't know. But I do know that God can do anything, use anything, or anybody who is willing.
"With God, all things are possible." Matthew 19:26
Even if it's not a message from Him, I was reminded that He's got this. He is in control. He knows my heart's desire and guess what... He cares about them too. Just like He cares for yours. He knows our desires before we even ask. He promises to supply our every need.
"Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?" Matthew 6:26
I know that sometimes I need little reminders. "Seek God first and everything else can wait."...I tell myself that a lot. We get so caught up in the "now" that we sometimes let our own desires hinder God's plan for our lives. I've been reminded lately that this life is not mine. My life is for Him, for His purpose and glory.
"But seek ye first the Kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matthew 6:33
So lately, while I've been repeatedly asking for answers, I heard it. God clearly said this to me... "Stop! Stop it! Be still and listen." and this verse:
"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31
God has been teaching me a lot lately about waiting and patience. I'm (slowly at times) learning to be patient and submit to His will and guidance. It is definitely an ongoing learning process, especially when I have been struggling so much lately. But I am happy; not because everything is perfect; not because I don't have any problems; but because I know the joy of Jesus Christ, that He is in control and I have so much to be thankful for during this season. My cup truly does overflow.
"Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fullness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore." Psalm 16:11
My blog: Inspired Mess
Twitter: @inspiredmess
Jamie Habermaas is married and together they have 3 rowdy boys. She spends her days in a law office dreaming up big ideas and her evenings checking homework, giving lots of hugs and finding the adventure in the every day. Diagnosed with M.S. in January, 2009, she spends much time raising awareness for the disease and with M.A.D. Moms, Moms who are making a difference in their communities.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Search Seeds of Faith
Seeds Team Members
- STEPHANIE - MomKaboodle
- PENNY - Living Above Ministries
- AMY - Wife Hat, Mom Hat
- CHERIE - Heart & Soul Reflections
- CHERYL - See Foxes?
- CLAUDIA - For the Love of 4
- ELISABETH - Lean Green Mommy Machine
- HALLEE - Hallee the Homemaker
- JENILEE - The Goodwin Family
- JOY - My Home in the Smokies
- KRISTIN - The Schell Cafe
- SARA - Confessions of the Pastor's Wife
- SARAH - Water, Water, Everywhere
- TARA - Live Your Legacy Today
- TRACEY - Little Bitty Design Studio
Faithful Followers
Site Categories
2010
Advertise
Alicia
Amy
Cheryl
Claudia
Contact Us
Daily Life
Devotionals
Devotions
Elisabeth
Faith
Faith Filled Friday
Featured Friend
Guest Post
Hallee
Image Bearing Marriage
Joy
M.A.D. Mommies
Maggie
Meghan
Missions
Mommy Mission
Moms Like Me
Motherhood
My Father's Canvas
Our Team
Penny
Photography
Ponder This
Practical Parenting
Promises
Sami
Seeds Digest
Seeds News
Stephanie
Sue
Sunshine Sunday
Tara
Word of God
Worship
Writing Worth Reading
giveaways
iFellowship
thankful


2 comments:
I have both hands up!! I'm still waiting for my answers on many things!
What an awesome post! Just when I need the reminded! Yes, it is all in God's time. I need to be still and listen. Thanks for sharing this wonderful post!!
Post a Comment