November 25, 2010
Thanks!
Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
- Psalm 100:4
Happy Thanksgiving!
I love the reminder to set aside some time on this Holiday to reflect on our many blessings, and to think about what we are thankful for.
But do we make the habit of acknowledging our blessings all of the other days of the year?
My Pastor often talks about the "Attitude of Gratitude". I'll be honest with ya - it took me a little while to put into action the nuggets of wisdome that he shared (I think I needed to hear the message a 2nd time before it hit me upside the head!)
One of the things that my Pastor talked about was keeping a Gratitude Journal (or a Thanks Journal). The idea was to sit down with your journal (a plain old notebook would do), and list the things you were thankful for that day.
When I finally got around to doing this, I was in a pretty rough place. I was feeling very negative about my job, about mothering, and about our general life-situation.
I challenged myself to write at least 5 things in the journal every night. Regardless of how the day went, I had to find just five things - simple, right? Believe it or not, I struggled with this at first. Once I started making note of the tiniest little victories, however, the list would go on and on and on and I almost had trouble stopping for the night!
My Gratitude Journal has long been neglected. Writing this makes me think that I should get back into doing it each night!
Many blessings to you on this Thanksgiving day. May your blessings be bountiful, your table filled with loved ones, and your tummies filled with yumminess!
Your sister in Christ,
My personal blogs: MomKaboodle&The Helping Mommy
Find me on Twitter: @MomKaboodle&@sdakin105
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Search Seeds of Faith
Seeds Team Members
- STEPHANIE - MomKaboodle
- PENNY - Living Above Ministries
- AMY - Wife Hat, Mom Hat
- CHERIE - Heart & Soul Reflections
- CHERYL - See Foxes?
- CLAUDIA - For the Love of 4
- ELISABETH - Lean Green Mommy Machine
- HALLEE - Hallee the Homemaker
- JENILEE - The Goodwin Family
- JOY - My Home in the Smokies
- KRISTIN - The Schell Cafe
- SARA - Confessions of the Pastor's Wife
- SARAH - Water, Water, Everywhere
- TARA - Live Your Legacy Today
- TRACEY - Little Bitty Design Studio
Faithful Followers
Site Categories
2010
Advertise
Alicia
Amy
Cheryl
Claudia
Contact Us
Daily Life
Devotionals
Devotions
Elisabeth
Faith
Faith Filled Friday
Featured Friend
Guest Post
Hallee
Image Bearing Marriage
Joy
M.A.D. Mommies
Maggie
Meghan
Missions
Mommy Mission
Moms Like Me
Motherhood
My Father's Canvas
Our Team
Penny
Photography
Ponder This
Practical Parenting
Promises
Sami
Seeds Digest
Seeds News
Stephanie
Sue
Sunshine Sunday
Tara
Word of God
Worship
Writing Worth Reading
giveaways
iFellowship
thankful


1 comments:
Thank you so much for all you do for us! The words of your heart speak to mine. We are working on having an "attitude of gratitude" in our house. It really does put everything into perspective. :) I hope you have a wonderful beautiful time of giving thanks tomorrow...a special day!
Blessings!
Mary Joy
Post a Comment